In this guide i will telling you Howto install Teamspeak3 server on Debian 6 Squeeze.
What did i need to start using a teamspeak3 server? First of all you need a linux server with some distribution you liked. For example Debian,Centos,Gentoo,Ubuntu,Slackware with more.
Well lets start!
first of all we need to have sudo installed. apt-get install sudo
this guide is about : Howto install Teamspeak3 server easy
Ok then, we need to configure the user that which will be available to running the teamspeak3 server.
(now we create the user that will be running the process for teamspeak3 server.)
1. Run this command : adduser -disabled-login teamspeak3
Now lets go and get the installation files. I will be downloading the x86_64 driver.
2. Download the files : wget http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de/ts3/releases/3.0.1/teamspeak3-server_linux-amd64-3.0.1.tar.gz
3. Let us extract the file : tar -xvzf teamspeak3-server_*
4 . Run the command ls and look if you have a unziped folder.
5. as you can see there is a folder unziped in the directory you stand in. Now we will move the file out of the /root directory, we start moving the file to another location in the system by this command : mv
Now is the folder named teamspeak3-* moved to the location /home in your system. We start to get to home to continue with this guide.
Go to the home directory by doing this : cd /home
6. when you are in the /home directory you can start look for your teamspeak3 files. lets have a look in the /home.
7. well there is the teamspeak3 files we start change the name of the folder to something easier by this command : mv teamspeak3-server_linux-amd64 teamspeak3 and hit enter
we start running the command ls, and there we can see we have the teamspeak3 folder.
Now we need to use the teamspeak3 user to be the owner over the files in /home directory.
8. We start to chown the user teamspeak3 to the owner group of teamspeak3 files. By doing this : chown -R teamspeak3.teamspeak3 teamspeak3/
Now we go in to the folder named teamspeak3. By this command : cd teamspeak3/
here if we press the command : ls we see a file called ts3server_startscript.sh that will we use as a init.d service so the teamspeak3 server will be came automatic online if we restart the server.
9. We start build a own script that want to start the teamspeak3 server automatic. We start using the nano commando to save the files.
Here is the scrtipt you need to copy:
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: teamspeak
# Required-Start: networking
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: S 0 1 6
# Short-Description: TeamSpeak Server Daemon
# Description: Starts/Stops/Restarts the TeamSpeak Server Daemon
### END INIT INFO
# Gracefully exit if the package has been removed.
test -x $DAEMON || exit 0
sudo -u teamspeak3 ./ts3server_startscript.sh $1
Use the nano and create a file in the directory /etc/init.d/ by this command : nano /etc/init.d/teamspeak3.se (hit enter) use the right click on the mouse to copy the code out to the server window.
The you use Control + O to save the file.
Now we need to get the new teamspeak3 batch script some rights : chmod 755 /etc/init.d/teamspeak3.se
10 . Well start try to start the server for your first time : /etc/init.d/teamspeak3 start
There we have all information we need to start the teamspeak3 server.
it will be use the original port : 9987
look in the server witch ports you need to open in your firewall : netstat -lnp | grep ts3
root@testar:/home/teamspeak3# netstat -lnp | grep ts3
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:10011 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1669/ts3server_linu
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:30033 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1669/ts3server_linu
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:9987 0.0.0.0:* 1669/ts3server_linu
God luck with your server configuration!
This guide was about : Howto install Teamspeak3 server on Debian 6 Squeeze
Howto install Teamspeak3 server today!